Intel Corporation, 2022 - Present: Technical Marketing Engineer
FPGA Competitive Technical Marketing Manager in Intel PSG.
- Drive competitive marketing strategy
- Research and analyze competitive product offerings
- Deliver strategic messaging to field
- Develop customer facing prmotional material
NXP Semiconductor, 2019 - 2022: Field Applications Engineer
Supporting a broad portfolio of microcontrollers at key customers in the Pacific Northwest.
- ARM Cortex M0/M3/M4/M33/M7 up to 1GHz
- Connectivity MCUs with BLE and NFC
- Pre and post sales support
- Debug and technical support
- Mentor junior engineers
Lattice Semiconductor, 2018 - 2019: Field Applications Engineer
Supporting FPGA customers in Oregon, Washington and Western Canada.
- Pre and post sales support for FPGAs and associated IP including AI and MIPI conversion
- Debug and technical support FPGA, tools and IP
Maxim Integrated, 2011 - 2018: PMTS Product Definer
This is a customer facing system architect role. Presents the value proposition to customers and gathers feedback to drive new compelling solutions to market.
- Defined industry’s leading wearable power management portfolio
- Content creation including published articles, application notes, and ARM TechCon presentation
- Designed evaluation kits from concept through production; modernized features and improved ease of use to grow demand more than tenfold
- Developed embedded firmware in C and C++ for demonstrations and production test
- My rapid prototyping platform became common building block for Maxim evaluation kits
Avnet, 2008-2011: Field Applications Engineer
Provided technical sales and support for a wide range of customers in the state of Washington. Delivered custom presentations highlighting key technologies based on detailed analysis of customers’ needs.
- Bronze Certified Xilinx Field Applications Engineer
- Supported Maxim, Xilinx, Intel, Cypress, NXP, ST, Lattice
Mathstar, 2007-2008: Senior Systems Engineer
Lead the system-level engineering effort to support Field Programmable Object Arrays.
- Designed boards for demonstration and validation of FPOAs
- Implemented Arena PLM system for engineering AVL and documentaiton control
- Developed RESTful IoT network connected validation system
Omneon Video Networks, 2004-2007: Senior Design Engineer
Designed 1U modular real-time audio/video broadcast servers
- Hardware design tasks inlcuding: system architecture, FPGA development, schematic capture, layout supervision, compliance testing, signal integrity.
- System technologies including: Ethernet, Fibre Channel, HD-SDI, PCI, PCI Express, 1394, USB, Audio/Video
Welch Allyn, 2003-2004: Electronics Engineer
Part of the Product Optimization Group for portable battery-powered patient monitors
- Handled manufacturing issues, component obsolescence, and compliance with regulatory changes
Focus Enhancements, 2001-2002: ASIC Design Engineer
Designed VGA to TV scan conversion ASICs in Verilog.
- Developed a closed caption waveform generator in Verilog
- Automated the build-and-test environment to visually display simulation results
- Worked with video scaling, color conversion, VGA, NTSC, PAL, HDTV
Geocast Network Systems, 1999-2001: Design Engineer
Performed many roles as a board design engineer in a small startup.
- Created ATSC playback system on extremely aggressive schedule to evaluate demodulators at CES
- Designed the ATSC data receiver using custom MIPS chipset
Intel Corporation, 1996-1999: Design Engineer
- Designed first Itanium 460GX quad-processor server board
- Designed quad-processor server enclosures to comply with thermal, EMC, environmental, and regulatory requirements